- 2Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2lbs. Ground pork
- 2T Kikkoman Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2t Corn starch
- 1Medium White onion (chopped)
- 3cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2teaspoon Fresh ginger (grated)
- ½Cup Mirin
- 2½Cups Broccoli slaw
- 1Cup Baby Bella mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1Cup Bean sprouts
- ½lb. Cajun smoked sausage (chopped)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- 8” Egg roll wrappers
- 2qts. Canola oil for frying
Place a large, heavy dutch oven over medium high heat and add oils
Combine the corn starch with the soy sauce and set aside.
Add the sausage, onions, garlic, ginger, wine, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, cornstarch soy sauce mixture and bean sprouts to the pot and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetable are soft, but still crunchy.
Season with Louisiana Love.
Cook the mixture 2-3 minutes until the all ingredients are well combined.
Remove from pot to plate and set aside to cool.
Remove to a cookie sheet or half sheet pan.
Stir in raw ground pork.
Heat the canola oil to 375°.
Roll the egg rolls, wetting one edge with water, placing 1-1½ tablespoons of filling and roll.
Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
Remove to a cooling rack or paper towel lined cookie sheet.
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 lb Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), or ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium White onion (chopped)
- 4-5cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1large Jalapeno (chopped)
- 10 ounces Fresh baby spinach
- 1-16 ounce can Black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 ounces Frozen corn (whole kernel)
- Lemon (juiced)
- Lime (juiced)
- ¼ Cup Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 8oz. Monterrey jack cheese (shredded)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends, ground cumin, dark chili powder to taste
- 25-30 Flour tortillas
- 1egg Beaten (with 2tbsp water)
Ingredients for avocado dipping sauce:
- Avocado (skinned, seeded, and mashed)
- ½C Sour cream
- ½C Mayonnaise
- ¼C Buttermilk
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends, ground cumin, fajita seasoning to taste
Combine all of the ingredients for the avocado-ranch dipping sauce in a suitable bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
Preheat gas or barbecue grill, or sauté pan.
Season the chicken breast with dry seasonings.
Tip: Split the chicken breasts length ways and season all four sides. Not only will they cook much faster, but you can introduce twice the amount of flavor.
Grill or sauté the chicken until just done, and remove to a plate to cool.
Put the oil in a 5-7qt. dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot and shimmering, sauté the onions and jalapenos until soft.
Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook until completely wilted.
Dice the chicken breasts into small cubes.
Add the chicken, beans, corn, and cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Remove from the heat and add the cheese, lemon, and lime juice.
Stir until completely incorporated.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Allow on completely cool.
Tip: Transfer the filling to a cookie sheet or sheet pan. It will cool in no time.
Place the tortillas in a damp cloth and microwave for 1-1½ minutes so that they are soft and pliable.
Fill each tortilla with 1-1½tbsp filling and fold into a traditional eggroll using the egg and water mixture to seal.
Once filled and rolled place on a sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2-4 hours.
Fry at 375º until golden brown.
Remove to a paper towel lined pan and serve.
Make plenty of these as they will be the go-to food at your next party.