Elote’ Stuffed Boneless Chicken Wings
- 8 cups sweet corn (frozen)
- 2 medium poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large red onion(chopped)
- 3 medium Jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons Chili power
- 1 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle’ powder
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- 24-30 chicken wings (deboned)
- 1 cup crema
- 1 lb. Queso Fresco cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup of melted salted butter
- ½ cup of local honey
- 2 limes
- Thaw corn in microwave by cooking 2 minutes at a time, stirring at each interval.
- Char poblano peppers well over open fire, place in covered bowl and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Peel and seed poblanos under cool running water.
- Dice and reserve.
- Place a large, heavy pot over medium- high heat, add olive oil.
- Once hot, add corn, and cook stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add jalapeno pepper, onions, and dry seasonings to taste.
- Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add crema, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove to bowl, allow to cool, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add queso fresco to mixed and stir well to combine.
- Stuff mixture into boneless wings until filled, but not falling out.
- Season the outside of the wings with Louisiana Love and chili powder.
- Combine honey and butter to be used as a glaze while grilling.
- Over a medium-low fire, grill wings for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove to indirect heat and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with glaze at each turn.
- Remove from fire and allow to rest under foil for 5 minutes.
- Cut limes into wedges to be served with wings.
Note: There are several instructional videos online that demonstrate how to debone chicken wings. Cooking with Mama Mui is an excellent example.