Ground Meat Kabobs
These kabobs are easy to make and incredibly versatile. They lend themselves to almost any flavor profile, and can be made ahead and frozen.
Paired with dipping sauces and you have the ultimate one hand food!
- 1 cup Fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 lb. Ground beef (80/20)
- 1 lb. Ground pork (80/20)
- 1 egg
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends to taste
- Several bamboo skewers
- In small bowl, moisten the bread crumbs with water and let sit for 5 minutes. More water may need to be added so the mixture holds together when squeezed.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using wet hands, form portions of the mixture around the skewers, or use a kabob maker like Easy Kabob.
- Grill until 150° internal temperature.
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter smooth
- 2 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoones Brown sugar honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1 clove Garlic finely minced
- 3-6 tablespoons Warm water
- Louisiana Love Extra Love Seasoning Blends
- Add all ingredients, except for the water, to a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk until well smooth and well combined.
- Slowly add in warm water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
Southwest Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 large Poblano pepper
- 2 cups Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- Louisiana Love Extra Love Seasoning Blends to taste
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- ¼ cup Green onions (chopped)
- Char poblano pepper over open fire until well blackened, then immediately place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap or foil and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove skin and seeds from poblano and rinse with cold water.
- Chop poblano and reserve.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.