Hot Honey Glazed Beef Short Ribs
Sous Vide is a great method for this dish, but oven roasting in a covered pan would produce excellent results.
The glaze, while simple, really brings the flavors to help balance the richness of the ribs.
- 3 lbs Beef Short Ribs
- Louisiana Love Potion #10 Injector Marinade
- 1½ cups Local honey
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 3-4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- ¼ cup Italian flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Inject ribs with Louisiana Love Potion #10, and season the outside liberally with Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
Sous vide, or roast, ribs at 180° for 12-14 hours.
Smoke over hardwood of choice (pecan, oak, etc.) at 190° for 1-2 hours.
Add honey, butter, and garlic to a heavy pot over medium heat.
Once honey starts to boil, reduce to simmer, cooking for 5 minutes.
Add Balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, and Louisiana Love Seasoning to taste.
Coat ribs with hot honey sauce, top with parsley, and serve.
Guru Smashed Loaded Potatoes
The smashing technique allows for more of the potato to caramelize and get crusty! Finish with your favorite baked potato toppings and dig in.
- 10 Red potatoes (small)
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 2 ounces Unsalted butter (cut into pats)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded, extra sharp)
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Green onions (sliced)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
Using a thick spatula, bottom of a glass, or something similar, smash the potatoes until they split but so much that they completely fall apart.
Cook potatoes on an oiled griddle until well browned and crusty on both sides.
Remove to a platter, seasoning with Louisiana Love, and place pats of butter to melt.
Top with remaining ingredients.