Crab and Shrimp AuGratin
This dish can be prepared up to a day ahead of time before baking.
- 1 lb Louisiana Crab Meat (white or lump)
- 1 lb Louisiana Gulf Shrimp (31-50 count)
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium White onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup White wine (dry, chardonnay)
- 1 quart Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 4 ounces Water (room temperature)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends to taste
- 1 cup Shredded cheese of choice
- Pick through crab meat removing any shell fragments.
- Place shrimp in a colander in the sink to drain excess liquid.
- Prepare a casserole by oiling the inside well.
- Place a medium, heavy pot over medium-high heat, adding olive oil.
- Once hot, sauté onions until clear but not brown.
- Add garlic and wine cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour and stir well to incorporate.
- Add cream, stir well, and once boiling reduce to simmer.
- Add crab meat, shrimp, and remove from heat.
- Season with Louisiana Love to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place mixture in casserole and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve while hot.
Grilled Citrus Cooler
Don’t allow the fruit to remain in the punch for more than an hour or two as it will become bitter.
- 3 large Lemons (halved)
- 3 large Limes (halved)
- ¾ cup Stevia sweetener
- ½ gallon Pitcher
- Prepare a hardwood fire.
- Place fruit cut side down over a very hot fire and grill until slightly charred, then remove.
- Squeeze citrus into pitcher catching seeds.
- Add citrus skins and stevia.
- Fill with water, stir well, and chill.