- Make sure to remove the membrane from the back of the rack of ribs
- Save money by selecting spareribs instead of baby back ribs and doing a little trimming
- After lightly charring, cook the ribs bone side down to prevent burning the meat side
- Only sauce the meat side of the ribs
- A thin layer of mustard will add flavor and give seasoning something to stick to
- Louisiana Love is the best seasoning blend for perfectly balanced, Cajun flavor
- Unwrapped ribs cook in half the time or less than open smoked ribs but will not have as much smoke flavor
Apple Pie Baked Beans
- 32 ounces Canned baked beans
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1 medium Yellow onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup Born Cajun cane syrup
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- Place a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, add all the ingredients, and stir well.
- Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 30-45 minutes, or until apples are soft but not mushy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Fried Rice Dressing
- ½ gallon Vegetable oil
- 4-5 cups Prepared rice dressing (cold)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups Whole milk
- 3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- In a 5-6 quart, heavy pot heat vegetable oil to 350˚
- Beat egg in bowl with milk and 1 tablespoon of Louisiana Love
- Place flour in a large plate and season with 1 tablespoon of Louisiana Love
- Place breadcrumbs in a large plate and season with 1 tablespoon of Louisiana Love
- Form rice dressing into 2–3-inch balls.
- Note: If rice dressing is too loose, add all-purpose flour a tablespoon at a time until it holds together.
- Batter rice dressing balls in flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs
- Fry in oil for 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature is 160˚
- Drain on cooling rack.