Fourth of July Grilling
Same old burgers and dogs for the 4th? Not here!! Meatball poboys with chumichurri sauce, and incredible Guru Hot Dogs.
Kick up you regular hotdogs by using toasted poboy buns instead of plain hotdog buns.
Layer on the flavor by adding pickled vegetables like okra, banana peppers, pickles, etc.
Add freshness with sliced tomatoes.
Meatball Poboys with Chimichurri Sauce
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 1lb Ground beef (80/20)
- 1lb Ground pork (80/20)
- 1½ cups Fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Whole milk
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends to taste
- 1 medium White onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup Dark roux
- 2 cups Water
- 8 inch Poboy buns
Method for meatballs:
- Prepare a hardwood fire.
- Place both meats in a large bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs and milk in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumb mixture to the meats along with 2 tablespoons of Louisiana Love.
- Combine well.
- Note: Cook a small piece to test seasoning.
- Form into 2-inch meatballs, place on cold side of grill, allow to smoke for 10-15 minutes, and remove.
- Place a heavy skillet over the fire and add water, allow to come to a boil, then dissolve roux in water stirring constantly.
- Add meatballs, onions, garlic, and seasoning to taste.
- Cook until onions are clear, and meatballs are 165˚ in the center.
- Cover and keep warm.
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce:
- ½ cup Flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Olive oil (extra virgin)
- ½ cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
Method for Chimichurri Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a suitable bowl and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
Stir again before using.
Heat poboy buns and split along their lengths.
Cut meatballs in half and place 4-5 pieces in each bun.
Ladle meatball sauce in buns, and top with chimichurri.