Guru Steak Rolls:
Cook time is crucial for these juicy steak rolls. Too long and the meat will dry out and toughen, also all of the delicious cheese will ooze out. You don’t want that.
- 1½-2 pounds Thin sliced steak (sirloin, ribeye)
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces Garlic Cheddar Cheese
- 6 ounces Port Salut Cheese
- 3-4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 10-12 Bamboo skewers (soaked in water)
- Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends to taste
Coat steaks with thin layer of olive oil and season well with Louisiana Love.
Cut cheeses and mushroom caps into thin slices.
Evenly distribute cheeses and mushroom slices on the steak.
Roll steak slices tightly and skewer to close.
Grill over hardwood fire until medium rare (135°) and remove.
Top with vinaigrette sauce (recipe follows).
Vinaigrette Steak Sauce:
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Steen’s Cane Vinegar
- 2-3 cloves Fresh garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
Combine all ingredients in suitable bowl and whisk until and emulsion is formed.
Spiced Yogurt Sauce:
Don’t let this simple preparation fool you. The toasted spices make this sauce explode with flavor.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana Love Seasoning Blends
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add the first 4 ingredients.
Stir constantly until fragrant.
Note: The spices will burn very easily. Remove from pan when the first sign of smoke appears.
Add spices to yogurt along with lemon juice, and stir to combine.
Grilled Citrus Cooler:
Nothing says summer and outdoors like this refreshing drink. You better make plenty.
1 cup Water
1 cup Granulated sugar
3 medium Lemons
3 medium Tangerines
3-4 sprigs Fresh Marjoram
2-3 pounds Ice
Place water and sugar in pot over high heat until just steaming then remove to cool.
Cut citrus fruits into thick slices and grill over high heat until they start to brown.
Remove and place into ½ gallon pitcher along with marjoram, and muddle using the handle of a spoon.
Add half of the syrup and stir.
Add the ice and top off with water.
Taste and adjust sweetness.